Specialists on Drummond offers Telehealth consultation services, which is the use of electronic information and telecommunications technologies to support long-distance clinical health care.
Video-conferencing is one of the main ways in which Telehealth is improving access to healthcare services for patients who live in regional, rural, and remote areas, rather than the patient having to travel to the nearest major city to see a specialist.
At Specialists on Drummond we are currently using Skype to provide this service either directly to the patient, or to the patients’ General Practitioners office. This service is useful when a patient and/or their local doctor requires a consultation with their specialists, but without the need for a physical examination. Such consultations could include discussion of: test results; wound management; medications; ongoing treatment plans; or many other medical services.
If you are interested in using this service, please contact our reception to arrange a Telehealth consultation.
The requirements for specialist telehealth services include:
– not an admitted patient; and
– not a patient of an emergency department; and
– located in a telehealth eligible area at the time of the attendance; and
– the patient is located at least 15km by road from the specialist or consultant physician; and
– can only be claimed if the item requirements of the face to face service are met; or
– be a care recipient of a residential aged care facility (located anywhere in Australia); or
– be a patient of an eligible Aboriginal Medical Service (located anywhere in Australia).