Our Practice Nurse, Kylie Cross, is an accredited Nurse Practitioner who provides support to all Specialists in the delivery of quality clinical care for patients. Kylie is responsible for the day-to-day coordination of clinical services including wound care, nurse assistance in theatre, and is the link for pre and post-operative care. She is also a qualified breast care nurse and cosmetic tattooist.
Trained in Ballarat, Kylie especially enjoys her role as it allows her the ability to provide great continuity of care of her patients, which was supported in a recent patient satisfaction survey agreeing that she adds great value to the patient experience at Specialists on Drummond.
Endorsed in 2014 as a Perioperative Nurse Practitioner, Kylie is well placed to support patients though their operative journey and assist in the management of post-operative and other procedural care, as well as prescribing medications and ordering of diagnostic and pathology tests.
Our specialist nurse is available to:
- Answer your questions
- Explain your treatment
- Perform minor procedures as appropriate to your treatment
- Explain what happens during your stay in hospital and what to expect after your operation
- Help you care for your wound after your operation and take part in wound management
- Give you emotional support
- Refer you to other services if needed
Kylie is also our Breast Care nurse.
A Breast Care Nurse is a highly qualified and experienced registered nurse who has completed additional study in breast care nursing, and specialises in the care and support of women with breast problems.
Role of the breast care nurse:
- To give support to people who have or fear they have breast cancer, as well as their family and carers.
- To provide information, physical and psychological care, and give practical advice to patients from diagnosis to treatment, rehabilitation and beyond, as a member of the multidisciplinary team caring for the patient.
- To make people living with breast cancer more aware of the support services available in the hospital and community.
- To encourage high standards of treatment in breast care nursing.
- To make people aware of research and clinical trials.
Medical and cosmetic tattoo Practitioner
“I believe that every person deserves the right to feel confident about themselves without fear of judgement.” Kylie
Medical and Cosmetic Tattooing can play an integral part of the healing process for cancer, surgical or trauma patients, as recovering from surgery or treatment can be challenging enough without the added issues of coping with hair loss, visible scars, or other marks on your body.
Many women who go through the experience of breast cancer must also endure the many side effects of cancer treatment. One of these side effects is hair loss, not just from their head, but also from the eyebrows and eyelashes.
With a new focus on this age-old technique, Kylie can help you restore your pride, dignity, confidence, and looks, and gain a little more confidence by providing you with the opportunity to have your eyebrows, eyeliner or lips cosmetically tattooed in a safe, clinical and caring environment.
All procedures are performed in our treatment room, using a topical numbing cream for minimal discomfort.
- 2017 Design & provide cosmetic tattooing /maintain infection Control standards – Cosmetic Professional Development Institute of Australia
- 2015 Introduction to Breast care nursing – La Trobe University
- 2009-2012 Master of Advanced Nursing Practice (Nurse Practioner) Incorporating the Therapeutic Medication Management Education Program – University of Melbourne
- 2007-2009 Graduate diploma of clinical science (Perioperative Nurse –Surgical assistant) – Southern Cross University